Thursday 15 November 2012

Alterlier


'lapizrojo' 9 x 14 cm

 'Red Umi' 9 x 14cm


  'de rojo la noche entera'



I love sketches and works on moleskin pages - there is something raw and natural about them. So when I came across these beautiful little compositions on Flickr, I went exploring abit further and found a little gem. 

Colombian illustrator and digital artist, Carolina Rodriguez Fuenmayor or Alterlier is a 22 year old art student at the Pontifical Xavierian University in Bogota, Colombia.
I'm not generally a huge fan of digital work but I LOVE the forms and shapes she creates with her compositions, very fluid, everything melts together so effortlessly. And she uses a really interesting colour palette on alot of her works - combining some really strong warmer and cooler tones for a striking impact.

 


  'My Melpomene'


 
 'Bahamut'



 
 'Des trains des arbres para las mariposas'


Check out her portfolio website Morbid Tea for her full gallery of works.


No comments:

Post a Comment