Tuesday 13 November 2012

Ooli Mos

 
 in/organic I, II, III - pencil on cardboard, 50X70 cm


I have been catching geometric patterns and shapes in my inspiration path so often lately, especially crystals! so beautiful and intriguing...

The illustrator here is Ooli Mos, one half of the creative duo Orka Collective. The pair of them are so crazy inspiring not just with illustration but design in general
I just love Ooli's style though - very simple and observational, drawn alot in pencil with beautiful linework and interesting shading technique. There is also a strong contrast with the use of black and white line in some of the more abstract works which I find so striking. Awesome subject matter and compositions too, which is inspired by magic, nature, animals and people.




  

 Posters for Arms and Sleepers


These are some more favs - I'm such a sucker for birds. Especially just good old realism peices in pencil - like they're being drawn for some big old biology textbook on bird study! 

 
 
Series of illustrations for Brownbook Magazine
 

No comments:

Post a Comment